Founded in 2007, T.P.W. Websites, LLC, a leading EdTech company based on Tonawanda, New York, creates and manages websites with resources for teachers, parents, and homeschoolers. Our mission is to provide educators high-quality, affordable teaching resources on the internet.
Our office is located in the City of Tonawanda. We currently have approximately 20 employees, including IT professionals, graphic artists, writers, customer support, and sales staff. We are proud to be small, but growing Western New York business.
- SuperTeacherWorksheets.com - a high traffic subscription website with printable resources for K-5 teachers
- iKnowIt.com - a subscription website with math practice lessons for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade
We are looking for a web developer experienced in PHP, MySQL, and HTML5 who is capable, dedicated, and can hit the ground running. You will be a part of a small but ambitious team that is responsible for all aspects of software development from the initial specification right through developing, testing, troubleshooting, and launching.
Responsibilities (If chosen for this position...):
- contribute to the design, style, features, and functionality of web-based applications
- draft, test, and implement practical, clear, and concise code
- coordinate and work effectively with our development team
- understand project requirements and meet deadlines
- handle internal office related tasks
- experience writing and understanding html and css
- experience coding and debugging in php and mysql
- problem solving, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- the ability and willingness to learn, self-motivate, and complete a variety of tasks in a small business environment
- a degree in Information Technology, Web Development, or equivalent experience
- experience with office applications such as word, excel, ftp programs, Adobe suite, etc.
- experience creating or working with educational software
- experience integrating SSO (single sign on), DLP (digital learning platforms), or LMS (learning management systems)
- experience with responsive design or mobile web development is preferred
- experience with popular front-end frameworks is a plus
- experience with the full LAMP stack is a plus
- experience with ios/android app development is a plus
- experience working on high trafficked sites is a plus
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary: Negotiable based on experience
- Health insurance (available to full-time employees)
- 16 paid holidays per year (including many school holidays)
- Paid vacation time
- 401(k) with match, after 1 year of employment
To apply, please submit your resume and an introductory letter to:
Please note: This is an in-house position. We are not looking to hire at-home employees or 1099 freelancers at this time. Thank you for your interest in this position.